Various sectors of the Nigerian economy – banking, commerce, education, hospitality, transportation and others have experienced significant growth in digital transformation over the last two decades. However, the health sector has been very slow to embrace this change.
The Nigerian Digital Healthcare Survey 2022 was therefore conducted to identify reasons for the slow uptake and how best healthcare organizations in Nigeria can be supported to leverage digital technology to provide quality and affordable healthcare for the populace.
Individual healthcare consumers including patients, clients, HMO enrollees, and care service users; health professionals such as doctors, nurses, pharmacists, care workers and physiotherapists and managers of healthcare organizations like hospitals, clinics, medical laboratories, care agencies were randomly invited to participate in the survey by completing an online form between March and November 2022. The key findings are summarized in this report.
In particular the survey sought to establish from respondents their experience with using digital technology either to provide and manage or to access the following elements of healthcare:
- Appointment scheduling
- Customer Relationships
- Medical Records and Clients Records
- Home Care
- Medical Tests
- Health Insurance
- Health Marketing
- Facility Management
- The no. 1 platform method Nigerian consumers prefer to book appointment for healthcare services from providers.
- The top two healthcare services consumers are most willing to access through a digital platform from providers.
- The method of funding most preferred by consumers.
- The most common side-hustle Nigerian health workers are interested in taking up to top up their earnings using a digital platform.
- The 3 most important barriers preventing consumers from embracing digital technology to access healthcare.
- The most common digital platform healthcare organizations are using to engage with the public.
- The top avenues healthcare organisations are exploring to attract more clients.
- The top 3 resources healthcare organisations are utilizing to manage their clients and patients’ records.
- The biggest 2 barriers stopping healthcare organisations from adopting digital technology for service delivery.
- The 3 top measures consumers want providers to put in place in order to utilise digital technology to access healthcare services.
To get the free report, click here.
MyMedicalBank is Nigeria’s #1 health management platform for booking appointments, medical tests, home care, telemedicine and other healthcare services from hospitals, clinics, medical laboratories, HMOs, care organisations and other providers. For enquiries, go to www.mymedicalbank.com/contact, send an email to [email protected] or call +234 (0) 802 759 0165.